Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Feb. 15,2011


Got my taxes done and filed and now that worry is out of the way. I worried it and procrastinated until I finally made myself sit down and do it. I can't be creative with worries hanging over my head..yet I waited to get it taken care of! I wonder sometimes why I do what I do!
That said I brought some things home to make art journals and do more little ink washes on remnants of the large watercolor I cut up. I don't want to spend my money on gasoline to get to my studio for a few days. (a good excuse for having a studio at home!)
Also I am too tired to drive. I have not slept well in several nights. I have had lots of knee pain, and now it feels like a pinched nerve. Either way..it keeps me up at night. Then there have been tiny 2.8 earthquakes not far from here and although I have not felt them..the pugs have and jump off the bed barking at 2:30 in the morning when the event has occurred over the past 3 nights!! Last night I lay on the couch with ice on the knee until 4 am..reading Tailchaser's Song by Tad Williams. I read it years ago and to be honest..I remembered nothing about the story! That can be a good thing..like reading a book for the first time! It is about cats and their secret lives being threatened by dangerous forces. Tailchaser is the hero cat. This book was written on the tails (pun intended) of Watership Down which was about rabbits. That is another one I have forgotten and now can reread!
I have the same problem with movies. I don't remember them at all and could swear I have never seen them..then 2/3 the way through..I think..oh yeah..I did see this one!
That is my current form of dementia.
The good news is I should be able to completely catch up the mortgage this month which has been another weight on me. I am posting my painting that I did of our now old and sickly Miss E. Claire. I sold this one at the winter exhibit and almost said no to the buyer..but I can do a better one another time. This is in honor of the cats of the book and in my home and on my property. I don't know their secret names but I feed them and hope they are happy.

6 comments:

  1. Joli matou sur cette peinture...
    J'espère que votre genou vous fait moins souffrir... Bisous et passez de meilleures nuits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound like me; I wake up at night and find something to worry about but you have better reasons. I also have trouble being creative when I am worried about something.

    I love your cat, you captured her personality so well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to know I'm not alone in enjoying books and films all over again. I tell myself there's always nuances I missed the first time and it's true.

    That's a very lovely cat portrait.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely paintings!!!

    XOXOXO,
    Erika and Sebastian

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a good post and the painting is very good I am not at all surprised that it sold.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this painting. I know exactly how you feel alone in the middle of the night, unable to sleep. We should start a blog spot where we can all meet and talk when we have those nights.

    ReplyDelete