Saturday, May 1, 2010

May 1,2010




I woke with a start..It is May 1st I shouted..waking Hubby, pugs and cats, probably the rooster too! I have entries for an art show I have to take to Provo today! I thought I had another week! I hadn't even thought about which painting to take. Lets see..I have the rejects from the last attempt..and the puggy drawings that are framed and on the wall..that will do..Hubby you are feeding the animals and I am running to get my class material in the Pathfinder and the Saint Sheep and the Pug drawing in..oops I forgot there was a trace mineral block in the back..but since it weighs 50 lbs. it is going with..because now it is 9am and entries are taken only 10 to 12! Class starts at 12:30 and it takes me 1/2 hour to drive there and it is starting to rain! I bang out of the house and load the 36"x48" painting in the back of the car along with "Frankie Goes on Vacation" and then I realize..need checkbook, need art books for class handouts, ummm what else..my mind screams! Do I have enough gas? Just enough..off I go and of course traffic is bad and slow. Finally the place is just up the road..wait..a footrace is ahead and the road is closed! It is a cold miserable downpour and it is starting to snow! I manage to get to the Health and wellness bldg by 9:45! And the committee is taking entries early! Hallelujah! Of course the painting is soaked, the entry form is wet, I am wet..as we leave a puddle..first one lady takes one paper, gives it back..go to the next lady, she assigns numbers, go to the next lady who takes my money and all the paperwork. Another lady takes my paintings into a hallway and I run to the restroom for paper towels to dry off the frames and the glass over the drawing. Now I have 2 1/2 hours to kill before the class..no worries. Stop and get a coffee and something to eat, sit at a park in the rain, in the car and eat breakfast, drive back to a print shop to make color copies of artwork from the art books so we can talk about ways to compose drawings, place focal points etc. terrific, enough time to get to class early..and there is a scrapbooking event in the room..ok..my students are always a bit late..but the class goes on and on and a new student shows up and one old student and we wait. The class coordinator (sweet girl) comes and apologizes profusely for the mix up..maybe the scrapbook class will end at one?..Nope we stand around waiting and then I call it..lets go home and reconvene next saturday and get some drawing done on our own. To add to the confusion I am told that now I have to pay for the room each week. Which is a token fee but they called me for the class and I give the students supply lists of supplies they could buy at this craft store and they did buy! Still we will meet the next 2 weeks and I will try to set up either a place at my little house or another venue. So I went home took a nap and watched the Kentucky Derby..good times!Posting Frankie Goes on Vacation (colored pencil on museum board) and Saint Sheep, oil on canvas..which those who have followed my blog have seen before but here it is again! And terrific that so many new people have decided to follow this blog! Welcome oh and here is a photo of my Frankie!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a very busy day! Sorry to hear they mucked up your room booking for your class - doesn't make it easy to organise a class if they can't get the room right for you. Hope all goes well next week. And good luck in the show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had me laughing this morning a good start to my day but then I saw it was at teh expense of your day I am so sorry. But it is all about steady as you go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quelle course!!! Votre énergie revient... Ouf! tout va aller bien.
    J'aime vos peintures... Trop cute votre toutou!
    Amitiés,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Kay. Love your pug. Good luck with your show.

    ReplyDelete
  5. By the way, your profile page makes you quite the mystery artist. Would love to know more about you, as I'm sure you have plenty to brag about.

    ReplyDelete