Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Losing Frankie..Oct.25th 2011

Our rescue pug, Frankie died tonight. He had a heart attack and was gone very quickly. Frankie was a great dog..one of those funny, quirky, happy dogs. he was bigger than most pugs and had such an ugly little face that I loved to see. I always thought he resembled Winston Churchill ( no offense meant..especially since he loved pugs too).We got in touch with a Utah pug rescue lady who called us when Frankie came in..as all puggie owners know..one is fun but 2 or more is even better!!! This was a few years ago. We drove 100 miles and brought the sad puggie home. It took him a while and he always had great manners..before he realized he could be our pug boy. he was so sad for a while...but then he began to get happy and he was the happiest dog I ever met. He knew he was home and would never have to go away. Sweet Frankie.

10 comments:

  1. Oh Kay, I'm so sorry. You and your family will be in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry that you have lost your precious pug. I have enjoyed seeing your pics of him over time. It is always so sad to lose a special pet. My thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Je comprends aisément votre peine, puisqu'actuellement le même chagrin me touche avec la perte de mon Dalmatien Pyrrhus parti ce 18 octobre...
    Toutes mes pensées à vous...
    Gros bisous

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry, Kay. Find comfort in the fact that you
    enriched his later years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your dog. I know that hurts. It's like losing a favorite family member. My thoughts are with you. Take care. XOX

    ReplyDelete
  6. kay, i am so sorry to read this as i had seen him in many of your photos and always thought he looked like such a sweetie...pugs are such wonderful little creatures...i know how you feel after losing our belle last year after 15 wonderful years...still can't bring myself to get another dog...sniffles...anyway my dear, time heals...be well as you can be. he is happy with his mates over the rainbow bridge! ♥ for frankie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kay my heart just aches for you. I am so sorry you lost your sweet loveable boy. Thank you for giving him such a great home, and a safe place where he could blossom and know joy again because of your good heart. Sending so many comforting pughugs from me and the studio assistants in Texas,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kay,
    I guess all I can say is that I know how you feel. Sorry to learn of your loss, Kay. Pets become so very special to all of us and their passing is always deeply felt.
    I know your grief is softened by all the happiness you shared and the love you showered on Frankie.
    Sincerely,
    Gary.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kay, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My condolences, dear Kay!
    RIP sweet Frankie~

    ReplyDelete