Saturday, July 9, 2011

July 9,2011

wow..just tired. and sore. Back, knees and foot. Hopefully I will find out Tuesday what is in store for the knees.
Drove up to Tibble Fork Reservoir the other day after work while it rained. Hence the new header photo. The backside of Mt. Timpanogos is in the mist.
The garden never got done, the weeding has not been done. Can't get onto knees to do gardening. And too tired from work. But did get the 3 12x12 paintings to the Hive Gallery. The opening reception is July 15th and I hope I can get there.
\the cranky old farmer finally decided to deliver hay and he was so nasty I had to think that he was not feeling well. He did admit to falling back into a ditch and stretching muscles around ribs. But he is always nasty. He does have good hay though. But not sure I want to put up with his cussedness for such expensive hay!!!
Reading the latest Watercolor Magazine and an article on watercolor batik interested me. I think it is an approach that will work well with my type of painting.Using paraffin wax as a resist..the author of the article used a good translucent rice paper...and of course watercolor paint..the results are wonderful.
well not much going on...hope you all have a great week.


1 comment:

  1. I hope your knees will be alright whatever happens. Crotchety farmers ought to be avoided as much as possible. The photos are great.

    ReplyDelete