Sunday, February 7, 2010

Feb. 7, 2010



Here is the ink drawing ("Burnt(1988 Yellowstone)") that was juried into Statewide Black and White Show at the Eccles Community Art Center in Ogden, Utah. The other one is untitles and a batik with 300lb. paper. It did not get into the show.

I still am ambivilant about this show. It seems an honor to get in (165 out of 320 entries). Yet the winning artworks are less than good and certainly the honorable mentions were better. There are always some really good entries and some mediocre ones that get in and thankfully the better ones outnumbered the bad ones. ( I feel I fall somewhere in the upper middle).  I wasn't expecting recognition..getting in seemed good enough. I am happy for the exposure..still..when mediocre is winning, I question my decision to enter.  I won't diss the venue though. It is a neat place..a big old Victorian mansion.  

No comments:

Post a Comment