Friday, September 14, 2012

well the saga of my oldest son's life continues. He and his girlfriend have been sharing one vehicle between 3 jobs. The check from the insurance company has yet to come. Then Wednesday night a drunk man from across the street kicked in their front door at 3:30 a.m.! He lives across the street and was actually after a different neighbor but he was drunk...so Alisa called 911 and the police were there almost instantly. In the meantime the drunk had walked down the street and his wife came out and was begging Alisa not to call the police but she already had. The drunk's wife assaulted the officers and they tasered her! Then her husband got mad and they had to taser him! Both are in jail for assorted issues not the least outstanding warrants on both of them. They belong to a Tongan gang and my son realized that now he and Alisa were targets. The police stepped up patrols for a few days but Shane and Alisa her Will and a friend are moving to Oregon where Alisa is from. They gave notice on their jobs, are going to live on Alisa's grandmothers farm, leaving on the 30th of this month. I can tell you that I understand their decision. It was the last straw and they moved up their plans because they had to leave the neighborhood anyway. I am spoiled. Never had a problem like gangs here or growing up in East Akron. I am sad that my son is moving away but excited for them to do something new with their lives. Alisa told me that I would be "grandma-napped" ...do you think they are trying to tell me something? If they get pregnant.. I will probably try to move to Oregon. I have no other grandchildren and I love the NW. Anyway..never a dull moment. BTW the yardsale netted me all of 45.00...hoping for the open studio to help me fill the coffers.

2 comments:

  1. gosh that sounds like a scary situation for your son and his girlfriend! Hope they enjoy their new lives in Oregon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unbelievable! So glad they're getting away from all that.

    ReplyDelete